Let’s Talk about the Elephant in the Room: Take my Ortho Profitability Challenge
Is your Invisalign®, ClearCorrect® or generic, clear aligner treatment as productive as it could be? I recommend that all of my StraightSmile Solutions® clients run this basic test to calculate the efficiency of your orthodontic services:
1. Run a report of the last five orthodontic cases you’ve completed successfully (D8050-D8090). Calculate the collections and average them. Write the number here: _________
2. Calculate the overhead on each case. The overhead includes:
· The sum of lab fees for all the appliances, aligners, refinements, revisions and retention
· The sum of all supplies used
· The sum of the overhead on the chair time throughout the lifetime of the case (from consult to retention) for both doctor and staff chair time.
· Average the overhead on the 5 cases. Write the number here:____________
3. Subtract 2 from 1. Write the number here:______________
If the margin isn’t at least 50% on each case, you aren’t doing it efficiently. You should be profiting at least $1500-$2000 on each case. If you aren’t, stay tuned. I’ll be posting a series of articles over the next few weeks highlighting some tricks and tips about about ways to take back control of the profitability of your orthodontic cases by leveraging technology to reduce chair time and lab fees.
Looking to scale ortho? You can click here to schedule a call: https://calendly.com/straightsmilesolutions/20min
Check out some of the new services we’ve launched in 2019, too! www.straightsmilesolutions.com/services/
Our YouTube site has a ton of great information on all kinds of orthodontics and tip to save money on lab fees, click here to check it out and subscribe!
Let’s meet up! Click here for updates on future lectures and trade shows to meet our team!
Mar 24th, 2019 5:04 pm
Filed under Blog, Braces, Clear Aligners, Doctor . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.