Amanda Wilson DDS, MDS- CEO, Orthodontist and Founder of StraightSmile Solutions®
I’m Amanda Wilson, an orthodontist, dental consultant and dental advisor by profession. After 10 years in private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area, I created StraightSmile Solutions® as an orthodontic consulting company that directly services dentists, dental specialists, and dental labs and their unique needs. I can consult on any orthodontic service, process, vendor or procedure but ultimately my core values are airway-focused (AirwayDontics™), non-extraction, non-surgical, early orthodontic treatment (My Phase 1 Smile™). Orthodontic lab fees are a concern, so through Bid My Ortho Lab™, I match doctors and treatment plans with the best, lowest-price orthodontic lab solution. On a personal note, I live in Honolulu and I love spending time with my husband and my school-aged kids and volunteering as a Junior Girl Scout® Leader and for USA Swimming® as a Stroke and Turn Judge.
At StraightSmile Solutions®, our goal ultimately is to educate doctors to create healthy and happy smiles. Please don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube® site here for hundreds of hours of free, doctor and patient-facing educational content. To become a StraightSmile Solutions Client, click here.
- Founder and CEO StraightSmile Solutions, 2016 – Present
- Clinical Director StraightTeeth Solutions 2020- Present
- Community Dental Partners, Orthodontic Consultant, 2017-2019
- HealthyStart by OrthoTain|Clinical Instructor, 2017–2018
- Six Month Smiles|Executive Team Orthodontic Consultant, 2017– 2018
- Hawaii Family Dental Centers| Executive Team Dental Advisor, 2016
- SmileDirectClub- Dental Director, 2014 – 2016
- K. Amanda Wilson, DDS, MDS, INC, 2008 – 2014
- Interdent Gentle Dental, 2012 – 2013
- PrimeCare Dental Management, 2012 – 2013
- Bright Now Dental!, 2006 – 2012
- Western Dental, 2004 – 2005
- University of Connecticut Dept. of Orthodontics Certificate, -2004
- University of Connecticut Graduate School MDS, -2004
- University of California, San Francisco DDS, -2001
- Washington University, St. Louis BA German and Bio,- 1996
- Karl Eberhard Universität, Germany, 1994-1995
- The College Preparatory High School, Oakland, 1992
Awards and Honors
- The Francis A. Sooy Chancellor’s Cup Award, 2001
- The Gardener Leadership Award, 2001
- The ABO Award in Orthodontics, 2001
- The Girl Scout Gold Award, 1991
- Dept. of Endocrinology, Univ. of Connecticut, 2002-2004
- Dept. of Biology, Washington University (Laboratory Technician II), 1996-1997
- Dept. of Nephrology, Washington University (Research Assistant), 1995-1996
- Dept. of Developmental Biology, Max Planck Inst. Tuebingen, Germany (Research Assistant), 1994-1995
- Dept. of Cell Biology, Washington University (Research Assistant), 1994
Rishi Popat, DMD, DMSc.
Dr. Popat is an orthodontist in Phoenix, Arizona and is part of our hands-on, clinical and lab support team. He received his specialty certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics at Harvard University and concurrently received his PhD/ DMSc in Oral Biology from Harvard Medical School.
Bansi Popat, MBA
Bansi Popat is the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Community Officer/Co-Founder of Popat Orthodontics in Phoenix, AZ. She attended Harvard Business School where she received her Master of Business Administration. Her passion for small business entrepreneurship led her to co-found a specialized orthodontic practice with her husband where she has developed systems, protocols, and management operations to grow their patient base.